One of our long standing clients and one of the industry’s leading main contractors has asked us to look for a top Senior Design Manager for an upcoming £45million regeneration project in Plymouth town centre.
The project has several different aspects – a cinema complex, commercial office space, retail units and residential apartments. The project is for a major blue chip end client, this is a rare opportunity to work on a major build with huge clients on both sides of the project.
Senior Design Manager Responsibilities
– Regular client liaison, chairing meetings with reps and ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with.
– Chairing design team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
– Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEAM etc.
– Leading the Design Team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
– Sales meetings with Client in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
– Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
– Leading the Design Team in the preparation of conceptual drawings.
– Preparing and presenting the presentation and perspectives of Board.
– Leading and assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of detailed shop drawing in AutoCAD.
– Leading and assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
– Presenting the project design and quotation to client and ensure order conversion.
– Ensuring that the Design Team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
– Ensuring that the Design Team coordinate and follow-up with estimation, coordination, and site installation managers.
– Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
– Ensuring that the Design Team maintain and up-date drawing and sample transmittal records.
– Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
Senior Design Manager Experience Required
– BSc in Construction Management or similar.
– Previous experience working in a site based delivery role before moving in to a Design Manager role, preferred.
– 5 years+ Construction Design experience.
– Design Manager experience working for a top 20 Main Contractor.
– Excellent IT / reporting.
– Strong client liaison / communication skills.
Our client offers quality project work, excellent training and superb career development potential. The salaries and packages on offer are highly competitive.
If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to Joe Ruby at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup. com
We are assisting our client, a leading and progressive structural and civil engineering consultancy, to secure a Civil Engineer for their office in Nottingham.
Our client are renowned for delivering challenging, iconic and environmentally responsible projects. Providing an exemplary service in a wide range of sectors, they design with creativity and flair balanced with efficiency and practicality, as recognised by numerous industry awards.
Our client are looking for:
– 1-2 years + proven Civil Engineering experience.
– Experience in the design of drainage (incorporating SuDS), cut and fill analysis, pavement/hardstanding build up design and levels.
– Flood risk, transportation or highway work experience is desired but not essential.
You will be responsible directly to the Partner/Senior Associate for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects. You will also be required to manage/direct junior engineers and technicians as well as prepare and present occasional internal seminars to on selected projects and technical issues.
Our client are offering a competitive salary (negotiable) and an excellent benefits package as well as the opportunity to get involved with a leading, progressive and successful civil consultancy
Caretaker required in central Bristol area.
We are currently recruiting for a caretaker within a primary school in the central Bristol area. Previous experience preferred. The chosen individual must have the ability to think independently. Our client is looking for a competent reliable individual you will be asked to carry out all caretaking duties in term time and school holiday time. Hours are around 37 hours per week.
You will be required to carry out the following duties:
Duties will include:
Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building
Carry out and record basic checks and help maintain Health and Safety records
supporting the maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors
Monitor site stock and order supplies
Experience of DIY and ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and
Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety
Undertake cleaning duties whilst managing the team of school cleaners
Previous experience would be beneficial but training will be provided. The successful candidate
Will be required to act as a key holder.
A DBS certificate will be required.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider to rail transport infrastructure development in the UK and internationally. With over 40 years in the industry, their focus is to provide fully managed services to the markets they serve.
They are looking for a Project / Construction Manager to oversee and manage a high specification commercial refurbishment in Merseyside.
The role will be to manage the ‘fit out’ of a first-class lounge for Virgin Trains over the course of a 38-week contract. The project is an NR 10 design & build contract and will involve managing:
* The fitting of a new lift shaft
* Stripping out all existing/redundant services
* The fitting a new Mezzanine deck
* A new curtain wall system to front and side elevation
* The fitting of a new staircase
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must be commercially aware and safety driven due to the client facing nature of the role. They will have construction experience and, although not essential, experience within the rail sector would be favourable.
The ideal candidate will be available immediately and will receive a laptop and phone to support the role.
The rate will be negotiable dependent upon experience
Generic Building Surveyor
Building and Construction – Hammersmith
My client, a private consultancy based in Hammersmith, are looking for a Generic Building Surveyor to join their team to cover a current vacancy. The vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with the potential for extension depending on internal circumstances and performance.
Duties for the Generic Building Surveyor include but are not restricted to:
* Site Inspections of Buildings listed within the consultancy remit
* Handle and deal with complaints as they arise in a professional manner
* Undertake post inspections of completed works assessing quality and value for money using the schedule of rates
* Generic field work
* Experience of working in a variety of surveying vicinities.
* At least 2 years’ experience as a Generic Building Surveyor within the Building and Construction industry.
* Building Control related degree or equivalent.
To discuss the Generic Building Surveyor vacancy, or any similar Building and Construction vacancies near Hammersmith, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Regional Building Contractor based near Shrewsbury.
-Procurement of materials on Construction and Social Housing Developments throughout the Shropshire area.
-Preparing documents and agreements for material orders.
-Scheduling of materials in accordance with the planning schedule.
-To work effectively as part of project teams and pre-construction teams and cross functional work teams to deliver excellent customer service whilst raising the profile of procurement throughout the business
-projects will be a mixture of commercial, residential and education.
-you will have the opportunity to manage and improve supplier performance by identifying business needs and making recommendations for cost-effective solutions.
-the role will be based in Wolverhampton.
-at least 2 years exposure of materials procurement in the Housing sector or Construction.
-good team player
-proficient in IT and excel.
-excellent negotiation skills.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
Benefits: pension + healthcare
HeadNorth Consulting have been engaged by a renowned global Professional Services Consultancy to recruit for a Quantity Surveyor, to join their Edinburgh office.
This position would suit a Quantity Surveyor looking to join an organisation with an international outlook, an enviable list of clients and projects, and which supports continuous professional development. Given the volume of work they would also like to hear from experienced Assistant and Graduate Quantity Surveyors looking to make the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable knowledge of NEC contracts, with both pre and post contract experience beneficial. In addition, it is preferable that prospective applicants have experience of working on infrastructure developments.
Responsibilities of the role include,
Prepare activity schedules
Prepare Bills of Quantities
Evaluate contractor applications
Obtain payment certificates
Maintaining main contractors compliance through regular reviews
Undertake full tender analysis
Provide advice on dispute resolution, making recommendations to stakeholders
Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure project continuity and financial success whilst remaining compliant
This position offers the opportunity to join a globally-established consultancy with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects, as well as a highly competitive remuneration scheme and benefits package.