Speech and Language Therapy
£30.00 p/hr working time
£15.00 p/hr driving time
Our client is a private interdisciplinary practice, working with clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries such as, traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, amputees and complex orthopaedics.
With offices is based in North Wales; however, they cover a wide geographical area – Wales, North West / East, Midlands.
Looking for a speech and language therapist who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, organised and happy to travel.
Essential – HCPC registered, RSLT registered, car driver
Essential experience – Neuro rehabilitation, Traumatic Brain Injury Adult
Desirable experience – Critical Care, Paediatrics, AAC
Hours – These roles will be taken on a 8 hour contract initially with the view of moving to a 16hr contract in the future.
Start Date – immediately
Pension – Staging date November 2017
The pay rates will be £30p/hr for working time and £15p/hr for driving time.
– To take a senior role in Speech & Language Therapy (SLT) assessment and management of service users with communication, swallowing disorders, tracheostomy management, maintaining high standards of clinical care and working with in an interdisciplinary team frame work
– To take responsibility for the development and management of SLT service
– Ensure practice is evidence based where possible, using national SLT clinical standards
– To contribute to the interdisciplinary team development as requested by the company Director.
– To offer support to create best practice communicative environments
– Provide specialist management of communication and swallowing disorders for clients with acquired brain injury, neurological disorders and any other clinical diagnosis.
– To ensure accurate documentation of assessment, treatment and outcome measures are maintained
– To initiate and take a lead role in the development of SLT policies, guidelines and service developments
– To lead and undertake research and audit activity within the service at the request of the Director.
– To initiate and take a proactive role in the interdisciplinary team service developments
– Ensure the provision of a high quality SLT service and its place within the interdisciplinary team
– Coordinate the induction and training of all the wider interdisciplinary team members and key stake holders
– Take responsibility for own professional & personal development through performance and development reviews and attending all relevant training regular supervision at an appropriate level
– Ensure that all relevant codes of practice and regulations (MHA1983 & Care Standards 2000) are upheld
– Contribute and adhere to risk management strategies for an individual service users
– To participate in the initial assessment process of the service as requested by the Director
– To participate in outcome measurement and regular review of service delivery
– To comply with all company policies and procedures including Health & Safety and Fire Safety etc.
#Speech #Language #Therapy #Job #Liverpool #Driver #Vacancy #Position #Care #Health #SocialCare