A Performance Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The role is an initial 12 month contract offering up to £38.00 per hour LTD.
This is a systems integration and physical test engineer role based in Peterborough. This team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as will our US based sister team.
This position is part of a team of engineers responsible for the development of engine/powertrain products and processes. These powertrains are used in machine, industrial, marine and electric power applications. The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery for the UK and Europe.
In this role you will apply coordinate and lead testing of hybrid powersystems. Understanding the desired outcomes, specifying the test programme, ensuring mechanical and electrical hardware and software is appropriate and available, analysing the results and comparing to simulation. As such you will be expected to work closely with internal and external customers in the mechanical and performance development groups and present engineering decisions at design and project reviews. You will provide technical leadership in your specialist field(s) and mentor less experienced engineers. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to develop and manage projects to plan.
* Translate high level project outcomes to a detail set of deliverables and test instructions
* Coordinate with the design specialists and test house to ensure mechanical and electrical components are fit for purpose and available for test on time.
* Coordinate with software and control specialist to ensure the complex hybrid system is able to achieve desired outcomes.
* Work closely with simulation and HiL specialists to validate the systems before full powertrain test
* Provide direction to test house and ensure highest value is obtained from test, facilitating debugging as required.
* Perform detailed analysis of test data, compare to simulation and validate performance
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescale
This Performance Engineer role requires a good accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent and excellent analytical skills.
Incumbents must have industrial experience in vehicle and/or machine performance calibration, understanding how hybrid powertrains interact within vehicle systems.
Detailed diesel engines and/or powertrain knowledge would be advantageous.
The candidate must have strong technical skills and the ability to communicate technical information effectively