I am currently recruiting for a Claims Handler to work for a client based in Clifton, working Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 6pm, based on a 37.5 hour working week paying between £16,000 – £18,000 per annum dependant on experience.
DUTIES INCLUDE –
-Managing insurance claims from their receipt to the point of issuing our invoices to clients.
– You will have control of a postcode area and be working alongside a technician to plan work in your designated area and control the claims from cradle to grave.
– You will maintain the diary appointments for and work very closely with your technician to maximize productivity and deliver excellent customer service.
– Receipt of large amounts of incoming telephone calls to the insurance office.
– To act as a gatekeeper for unwanted sales call, answer basic queries and provide information, or to direct more complex queries to the relevant claims handler, including DPA requirements.
– To be able to provide detailed responses, both in writing and by telephone to any queries that are within your designated postcodes.
– Overflow assistance for incoming domestic calls when sales office is busy, either to obtain customer details and requirements, or to provide quotations and details of the service we offer.
– Managing data base of photographs for all insurance claims, labelling them as per the current system and downloading photos from the technicians SD memory cards.
– Various administration duties which would include the typing up of damaged contents lists, photocopying of paperwork, preparation of detailed and accurate reports and quotations using the various pricing schedules attached to the different clients,.
– Receiving Direct To Franchise instructions from our clients, recording details of the claim and logging on various systems and spread sheets.
– Appointing subcontractor services and the coordination of those services from arranging quotes to receiving and granting authorization for said services.
– Using Outlook shared calendars to book appointments for new claims and follow up works (experience of diary management, appointment booking or scheduling work would be a distinct advantage)
– Use of internal computer systems as well as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Excel spread sheets are used to report our insurance claims to our clients so it is necessary to be very comfortable using inputting data into spread sheets and any additional knowledge of Excel would be an advantage.
Candidates will ideally come from a similar role or have strong admin/ customer service experience and have the ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment.
You must be a strong communicator who deal with customers/ clients over the phone and email.
Due to the volume of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
DK Associates are an equal opportunities employer