One of our long standing clients and one of the industry’s leading main contractors has asked us to look for a top Senior Design Manager for an upcoming £45million regeneration project in Plymouth town centre.
The project has several different aspects – a cinema complex, commercial office space, retail units and residential apartments. The project is for a major blue chip end client, this is a rare opportunity to work on a major build with huge clients on both sides of the project.
Senior Design Manager Responsibilities
– Regular client liaison, chairing meetings with reps and ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with.
– Chairing design team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
– Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEAM etc.
– Leading the Design Team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
– Sales meetings with Client in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
– Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
– Leading the Design Team in the preparation of conceptual drawings.
– Preparing and presenting the presentation and perspectives of Board.
– Leading and assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of detailed shop drawing in AutoCAD.
– Leading and assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
– Presenting the project design and quotation to client and ensure order conversion.
– Ensuring that the Design Team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
– Ensuring that the Design Team coordinate and follow-up with estimation, coordination, and site installation managers.
– Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
– Ensuring that the Design Team maintain and up-date drawing and sample transmittal records.
– Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
Senior Design Manager Experience Required
– BSc in Construction Management or similar.
– Previous experience working in a site based delivery role before moving in to a Design Manager role, preferred.
– 5 years+ Construction Design experience.
– Design Manager experience working for a top 20 Main Contractor.
– Excellent IT / reporting.
– Strong client liaison / communication skills.
Our client offers quality project work, excellent training and superb career development potential. The salaries and packages on offer are highly competitive.
If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to Joe Ruby at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup. com