Our client the leading independent provider of education research and related services is looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager for their Research & Product Operations Department.
Their Research & Product Operations (RPO) Department is responsible for the administrative and data collection aspects of all of their extensive range of surveys, data collection and test trialling projects. They also provide research services directly to external clients, run a number of panel based and omnibus services and manage the delivery of a number of products and services for schools.
The RPO service is divided into a number of teams, co-ordinated by the Director of Research & Product Operations. Much of our work focuses on enlisting the co-operation of LAs, schools and other organisations and individuals in order to secure appropriate samples, collect data and to make all the arrangements necessary for the smooth running of the various operations.
About the Role:-
Our client is looking to recruit energetic, detailed focused, and experienced hands on Senior Project Manager who will take on a senior role in their Research & Product Operations Department (RPO), managing a range of complex projects at one time and contributing to their overriding strategy, to improve education and the lives of learners. This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Project Manager who enjoys turning complex activities into practical reality, as well as using formal Project Management techniques to assure quality and delivery.
You will be required to manage a wide range of projects which could include surveys and data collections, a test development trial, delivery of products for schools or a marking project.
The successful candidate will have direct experience of hands on project management roles and be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and motivate cross functional teams. the ability to learn new technology and complex processes are essential. The ability to assimilate information and translate complex requirements into administrative practicalities is also important.
* Devising solutions to deliver new projects
* Undertaking project and product management, using formal project management approaches
* Ensuring impact and effectiveness of projects and delivery of high quality outputs
* Providing effective line management
* Leading and motivating project teams
* Carrying out budget management and cost control
* Working with colleagues to implement continual development and improvement of the department
* Developing technical specifications to support project processes
* Writing and pitching for projects via competitive tendering
Skills & Essential Requirements:-
* A degree or equivalent with a numerate / technical element
* Management experience, including management of sizeable projects
* Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and motivational skills
* Proven large scale, complex operational project management skills
* An interest and aptitude to learn new technologies
* Knowledge of the education system
* Project management qualification such as Prince2 or equivalent expertise or alternative
* The ability to manage teams and drive progress
* The ability to develop processes from scratch, mapping plans and turning outline projects into real deliverable steps
* Proven ability to manage and control budgets
* A creative approach and the ability to take on and shape new and unknown projects
* A real interest in operational and logistical projects
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to pick up domain knowledge quickly or have previous experience in local authority, Government, Eductaional institutionals, Educational publishing organisations