Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) is one of the world’s leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver. JLT has offices in 40 territories with more than 10600 employees supported by the JLT International Network enabling us to offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries.
To proactively manage a team of staff engaged in a variety of tasks related to the administration of Final Salary and Defined Contribution Schemes to deliver contracted levels of service and reporting within agreed costs.
The Team Manager role is pivotal in providing an effective and consistent service to clients. As the ‘engine room’ of our business it is vitally important that a Team Manager can maintain:
* A clear understanding of client profitability and expected service
* An effective and well trained group of Senior Administrators and Administrators
* A buoyant and healthy level of team morale to deliver service in a customer focussed and conscientious manner and ensuring customers are treated fairly at all times.
* Deliver work within specified timescales agreed in the service contract or with the Senior Manager as appropriate.
* To ensure the team complies with internal procedures, all aspects of pensions legislation and adhere to service and quality standards.
* Manage and distribute work to the team and ensure the accurate and efficient throughput of work and dealing with issues that impact team performance.
* Liaison with other Team Managers onshore and offshore as needed to ensure service issues are managed and resolved.
* Liaison with the Senior Manager regarding resourcing and client expectations for all schemes managed by the team.
* Day to day Client contact on service matters.
* Responsible for the effective development and training of all team members to fulfil both JLT’s needs and the employee’s potential (relating to the administration of pension schemes).
* Collation and reporting of Management Information to the Service Manager as required.
* Ensure timely production of Administration reports for clients and deal with queries arising with the client either by phone or occasionally face to face.
* Record complaints as they are received and ensure that the Complaint database is updated and maintained. Investigate any complaint raised and where needed undertake a root cause analysis of the issues and take corrective action.
* Encourage ideas and suggestions for improving working methods considering client and member experience, where appropriate implement and document changes under the guidance of the Service Manager.
* Manage training needs and priorities alongside that of client work so that training is provided where needed and appropriate, whether ‘on the job’ or formal.
* Ensure the maintenance of all required documentation and procedures to allow effective and successful internal auditing.
* Conduct formal staff appraisals and document these within the timescales.
* Undertake monthly 1:1’s with all team members to be held to listen to team member’s concerns/comments but also to:
* Provide feedback on quality and quantitative measures
* Review and update Personal Develop Plans
* Review Competency on processes and scheme knowledge
* Undertake performance management with individuals as required
* Assist with Client Audits as required.
* Manage and participate in projects as required from the business and/or clients from time to time.
Strong working knowledge and experience of pensions administration and pensions legislation and Regulation
Basic PMI qualifications as a minimum and ideally working towards APMI
Computer literate and strong on Microsoft Office suite esp. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As you would expect from a company like Jardine Lloyd Thompson, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
* Employee share schemes
* Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation