Warehouse Duty Manager (Nights)
Next Distribution is one of the great success stories of British Retail. Their success is dependent on the expertise and passion of their teams across the UK.
Position: Warehouse Duty Manager – Nights
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Shift pattern: 22.00 – 06.00 Monday – Friday inclusive, these hours attract an excellent night shift premium on top of your basic salary!
About the role:
In this ‘hands on’ role, you will support the Warehouse Manager to develop and manage all warehouse and pre-retail operations. The Warehouse Duty Manager will drive efficiencies throughout the operation in order to achieve the best performance.
– Ensure staff balance and profile mix (i.e. full time / part time) provides required operational support and resource flexibility to react to volume fluctuation
– Ensure that all daily and weekly reports are completed accurately and timely, with subsequent actions being recorded and monitored
– Constantly review methods and procedures to maximise productivity performance, whilst ensuring safety is not compromised
– Establish productivity tracking tools in order to identify where efficiencies can be improved and monitor continually
– Provide clear targets for the warehouse team and provide appropriate and timely feedback on performance and present recommendations on potential performance improvement to the Warehouse Manager
– Act as a mentor and role model to both Supervisors and Operatives at all levels
– Cover the Transport Department as the Manager in charge for the night shift
– Experience within a similar position within a retail and / or distribution environment at managerial level
– Have excellent organisation skills and an ability to prioritise and manage own and operatives workload
– Be a strong communicator, able to establish positive working relationships with both the customer and operational teams
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Duty Manager, Shift Manager, Distribution, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Warehouse Manager, Logistics, Warehouse Supervisor, Depot Manager, Warehouse Management etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications